Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I wached "Troubled Waters" on TPT Tuesday.

I was cynical before watching it tonight on TPT. Before viewing I posted this at my http://fifthestate.net
http://fifthestatenet.blogspot.com/2010/10/comments-before-viewing-troubled-waters.html

I was pleasantly surprised when I viewed the film. Overall I would rate it "B+". The negatives might be a few omissions that could have allowed for "fast ones". (As an example did that organic dairy farm have a steady livestock population? Probably but they didn't say).

It was thankfully post "global warming/climate change". With the two adjacent gulleys, one with a tile drain, the other without, the quip that it is hard to blame global warming was appropriate. The other one I caught was the Shakopee tribe representative saying that the grasslands were a "carbon sink". True but it didn't go past there.

Judging from pre-screening comments the film may have undergone some final editing. Specifically the Walker Art Center clip was in the middle and very short.

Back when I went to the U there were tenured professors in their secure jobs proclaiming "money is irrelevant". I sometimes think that many "greens" believed this. (IE: The photo-voltaic projects with a sixty to one-hundred year payback.) Fortunately "Troubled Waters" took the stance that nothing is more relevant than money to this situation. I especially liked the high-tech solutions and the cheap ones like valve plates on the tile drains.

I'll watch it again in a day or two but overall "B+"

I'm cross-posting at my http://fifthestate.net

No comments: